There are several ways to consumer Cannabidiol. The most common ways include consumption through oral ingestion, inhalation of vapor concentrate, topical application, and sublingual ingestion. Each method of ingestion has its advantages and drawbacks.
Methods of Ingesting Cannabidiol
Topical application is made by applying cremes, lotions, and moisturizers that have Cannabidiol as an active ingredient. While it is perfect for skin conditions and daily skincare routine, it does not bring quick and effective relief for localized pain.
Sublingual ingestion, on the other hand, is done by dropping CBD Tincture at the back of the tongue and living it there for a minute or two. This method paves the way for a rapid release of medication. The disadvantage, though, is it does not mask the taste of Cannabidiol, which can be earthy and grassy. Some people who may not be tolerant of the flavor may find this method of ingestion unpleasant.
Inhalation through vaping pen is one of the quickest ways to get relief from Cannabidiol. Inhale pure CBD Oil Concentrate that has been transformed into vaping liquid. Upon inhalation, relief can be felt in about five minutes. This route is ideal for pain and migraine relief, and psychological concerns like anxiety and depression.
Orally-ingesting Cannabidiol Oil
Oral ingestion meantime can be the most convenient way to consume cannabidiol oil. It can be just likened to swallowing a pill or a tablet. There will be no hassle of measuring up doses or drops each time. It can go to a pill organizer as a part of daily medication or health supplement. But there are other ways of orally ingesting Cannabidiol Oil. This can be done by eating CBD Edibles. Cannabidiol edibles include a whole range of eatable food items. From chocolates, desserts and pastries, savory dishes, gummy candies, power bars, smoothies, salad dressings, and the like. There are a lot of possibilities. The consumer can also choose whether to prepare his edibles or buy those that are available in the market today.
Preparing one’s own CBD edibles could be the best way to ensure the dose and purity of the Cannabidiol product. Whereas the quality and potency of those that are sold online can only be gauged upon consumption. But since not everyone may have a time and talent to prepare his Cannabidiol-infused meals or desserts, ready to eat edibles are always a great option.
A drawback of consuming Cannabidiol Edibles, though, is its speed of absorption. For instance, when taken for pain relief purposes, Cannabidiol will take effect in 15 to 20 minutes, just like any usual medication. Other methods like sublingual ingestion or inhalation are bound to enter the bloodstream more rapidly. Inhaled Cannabidiol can take effect in about five minutes.
Benefits of ingesting Cannabidiol Oil
Cannabidiol owes its rising popularity to the myriad of health and wellness benefits it possesses. Here are some of the medicinal benefits of ingesting CBD Oil:
1. Effective and lasting pain relief. Cannabidiol’s parent plant is being used as an analgesic for thousands of years. It is no surprise it will have fantastic analgesic effects. CBD Oil’s pain-relieving powers can be used for acute pain such as those from sprains, sports injuries, muscle spasms, and ordinary body ache. It is, likewise, an effective chronic pain reliever. Chronic pain patients who have rheumatoid arthritis, bone and joint pains, and even fibromyalgia swear by cannabidiol oil as a safe alternative medication. Cannabidiol can also help heal the pain associated with long term illnesses such as Multiple sclerosis and Cancer. Better quality of life is observed on patients who have been trying to find ways to feel better without the side effects of mainstream pain meds.
2. Reduced seizures for epileptic children. Cannabidiol is now used as an active ingredient in a mainstream epilepsy drug called Epidiolex. It helps lessen to eliminate seizure episodes for children afflicted with the Lennox-Gastaut and Dravett Epileptic Syndromes. The two syndromes, as mentioned above, are two of the gravest forms of pediatric epilepsy.
3. Helps ease the side effects of chemotherapy. Chemotherapy may help cure cancer, but it has side effects that can be very hard for cancer patients to manage. Cannabidiol can address nausea, vomiting, appetite loss, and general weakness associated with chemotherapy.
4. Delays cognitive decline associated with neurological disorders. Individuals suffering from Parkinsons’ Disease, Alzheimer’s disease, Dementia, and Multiple Sclerosis can somehow find relief in ingesting CBD Oil. Since Cannabinoids found in CBD Oil interact with the portion of the brain that regulates sleep, pain perception, and memory, CBD much helps patients with the diseases mentioned above. Cannabidiol can also help with the anxiety, hallucination, pain, and tremors experienced by Parkinson’s patients.
5. Cannabidiol can help fight cardiovascular disease. The research revealed that CBD oil helps lower blood pressure. By lowering a person’s BP, the person gets to have lesser chances of acquiring heart disease. Its anti-inflammatory properties and heart-healthy fatty acid contents team up in preventing stroke. Apart from Omega-3, Omega-6, the anti-oxidants found in CBD oil are beneficial for cardiovascular health.
6. CBD Oil can be used for mental illnesses. Cannabidiol is also getting immensely popular for its ability to cure anxiety and depression. By flooding the mind with serotonin and inhibiting cortisol, Cannabidiol lifts the stress felt by the patient and calms him of his worries. Moreover, it also helps improve mood. Research is also underway about its possible help in curing Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, as well as hallucinations secondary to neurological diseases and terminal illnesses.
CBD is indeed a very effective alternative medication for various illnesses.